You can expect precise attention to detail with non-stop support and encouragement. We stick to what works, so your customized nutrition and training programs will only involve methods and variables that we have used ourselves to achieve our own fitness goals. Do not expect us to drop you down to 1,000 calories per day, eating chicken and broccoli, while doing copious amounts of cardio to get results – we don’t believe in it and won’t do it. Instead, we’ll coach you on how to learn your body by eating foods that you enjoy, while sticking to your custom macro-based nutrition program, specifically designed for you and your goals, including adjustments from the private check-ins we will engage in.
We understand that you are unique and that sometimes you just need some professional help and guidance to get you to where you want to be; that’s what we do here at Shawn Ray Elite Coaching. We will support you; we will encourage you; we will push you; we will expect you to work hard; and in the end, your results will speak for themselves. We’d be privileged to coach you and help you along your journey – lets get to work!
Paul Hovan is the Head Coach and Trainer for all
Shawn Ray Elite Coaching online clients.
With Shawn’s experience and Paul’s expertise, the coaching you receive is the best of the best. our programs are customized to help you reach your unique goals, along with private, biweekly check-ins and program adjustments based on your progress.
To be coached by us
You must have experience in the weight room and know how to adhere to specific macronutrients on a day to day basis. This will ensure that you understand what is required from you and what will make this team effort a great fit. It will also let us know that you are safe during your workouts, as you understand how to perform the prescribed exercises properly, with good form and purposeful intent.
To make sure we would be a good fit together before starting our
1-on-1 coaching relationship, please be sure that you are:
- 18 years of age
- Experienced with working out and spending time in the weight room (at least 1 year of experience)
By this, we mean you understand how to perform basic compound movements like the barbell squat, bench press, dead lift, and shoulder press, along with other movements. In order to accomplish all of your workouts and specific exercises, you must also have commercial gym access for the equipment needed.
- Understand and experienced with following a prescribed set of macronutrients (x, y, z grams of protein, carbs, and fats)
This means you know how to choose the foods you eat, plug them into an app like MyPThub or MyFitnessPal, and follow them consistently. We will prescribe you specific macronutrients and a total daily caloric intake and you will be responsible for choosing your foods (we will provide a general guide of foods we recommend you stick to for the majority of your meals) and following them day to day.
- Independent and can follow instructions
We are not here to “baby” you through the program and hear about why you missed three of your workouts in one week. We are your coaches, not your babysitters. We give tough love when it is needed, and nearly all of the time, it is for your own good.
- Willing to put in the work and see the program through til’ the end
Once our 1-on-1 relationship begins, it is a 100% match! 50% from us, 50% from you. We provide the programs and the coaching; you provide us with your discipline, effort, and maximum adherence.
Online Training and
With this 1-on-1 coaching package, Paul will oversee all variables regarding your training and nutrition programs. The workout plan will be devised into daily workouts performed during the week (exercises, sets, reps, rest periods, etc.), specific cardio regimens related to your overall goals, and monthly adjustments, if needed. He will assign you a nutrition program with specific macronutrients to follow that you will have to plug in to an app such as MyPThub. He will provide you with staple foods that are recommended to be consumed during most of the meals, however, some flexibility is encouraged for sustainability and long-lasting results.
- Customized training program that adjusts monthly, if necessary
- Customized macronutrient breakdown and total calorie intake
- Email support
- Bi-weekly check-ins (providing us with weight, progress pictures, feedback, and so forth)
- Clients must understand and have experience with following a prescribed set of macronutrients (x, y, z grams of protein, carbs, and fats) and inputting them into an app
- Clients must have experience with working out and spending time in the weight room (at least 1 year of experience)
- Must have commercial gym access to utilize the needed and necessary equipment
- IFBB Hall of Fame Bodybuilder.
- In over 30 major bodybuilding competitions, Ray only failed to place in the top five once.
- Most published FLEX Magazine cover athlete of all time.
Paul Hovan Jr
BS, BSN, RN
- 10+ years of successful coaching and client transformations.
- Published in FLEX magazine, Muscle & Fitness, TRAIN, and Inside Fitness.
- Nutrition specialist with expertise in exercise science, performance nutrition, and program development.